Aadhar number is a number which is unique to every citizen of India. It is a mean of identification. Now as per orders from the government, it is mandatory to link your PAN card with Aadhar. Similarly, DOT has instructed us to link our Mobile Number with Aadhar. This linking process is known as Aadhar based e-KYC process. Anyone who doesn’t link his Aadhar card with the mobile number, they will face deactivation of Sim. The last date to avoid termination of connection is 6th February 2018.
Now to ease up this linking process, Government of India has implemented three new more accessible methods. These methods are introduced keeping in mind about old or ill people, or people who reside outside of India. These methods are OTP (One-time password) method, App based method and 14546 IVRS (Interactive Voice Response facility). Now, this post is to help everyone, on how to initiate the linking process as the three methods are discussed below in details.
Link Aadhar with Mobile Using OTP/ SMS
- First, you will receive a UID recipient number on your number from your service provider.
- Now Open type message on your phone and type the 12 digit Unique Aadhar Identity number. Then you need to send it to the number given by your service provider.
- Your operator will then make a demographic verification of the number provided.
- The Operator will then send an OTP (One Time Password) request to UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
- After receiving the request, UIDAI will send an OTP to the given Aadhaar registered mobile number.
- Then you need just to send this OTP to registered number.
- Finally, you are done with the method of linking Aadhar to mobile using OTP method.
Note: The process for Re-verification will start on 1st January 2018.
Linking Aadhar Online Method
Now the government of India has instructed the service providers to come up with a verification method on their own. Any means that is app or website can be used by the operators to make the e-KYC process a lot easier.
Aadhar Link via 14546 IVRS method
- Firstly you need to dial 14546 that is shortcode of IVRS system
- After that, you will have to pick up the computer generated phone call
- Now select your language
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar or UID number
- After that, the number will send to UIDAI by the operator
- Now you will receive an OTP in your number
- Enter the OTP carefully and send it to authentication
- After completing this process, you will receive a confirmation SMS
These are all about the Aadhar linking with mobile via 14546 IVRS, OTP & Online App based method. We will update this post with full details for everyone to learn this method. So stay tuned to us.