Aadhar card is now the primary identity of any Indian resident. Many Indians have already got their Aadhar cards. However, due to delay in NRC Assam registration of Assam’s residents, Aadhar is still not exclusive to the people of Assam. Finally though, by the end of this year, people of Assam can apply for Aadhar card. Now the process to apply for the Aadhar card is completely offline. But to check the status of the application or even to get a print of the card, online methods can be used. So this article is for the people of Assam, who as of now don’t know how to get their Aadhar card. This article will tell you about the Aadhar card Online Registration in Assam as well as offline measures.
The Unique Identification Authority of India issues aadhar cards, and the government has made mandatory for every citizen of India to get one. Official things like applying for a PAN card, passport or even to get a new sim Aadhar card is needed. Now many other states already got their Aadhar cards, but Assam is facing a delay due to order from the Assam government. The Assam government has it mandatory to register with NRC, without which one cannot register for Aadhar card in Assam. As per some reports, in a month’s time or less, NRC registration will be over. Following this, the people of Assam can apply for an Aadhar card.
How to Apply for Aadhar Card in Assam
- First, you need to visit the nearest Assam aadhar Enrollment Center.
- Then you need to give information about your basic details like name, address, email, phone number, etc.
- Then you need to submit xerox copies of necessary documents.
- The submitted documents need to have proof of age, proof of address, proof of marital status and proof of identity.
- After this, you will have to submit your Biometrics, which means your fingerprints.
- Then you need scan your eyes in the iris scanner at the centre to record your iris signature.
- After this, you are done with your registration and just need to wait for the Aadhar card to be delivered to you via speed post.
Collect Aadhar Card via Online Registration in Assam
First, you need to complete the formalities offline just as it is stated above. Now you can get a print out of your Aadhar card online. Now both the original Aadhar card and the printed one has the same value. So there is no need to worry about the people if they somehow lose their Aadhar card. They can use the printed version.
Now after offline formalities, if you have not still received your Aadhar card via speed post, you can download your Aadhar card online. To do that you need to
- Visit official website https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Now enter your enrollment number.
- Enter date and time according to the enrollment slip given in the enrollment centre.
- Enter your name, mobile number and address pin code.
You will then receive a One Time Password on the registered mobile number given in enrollment centre. Enter the One Time Password and download your Aadhar card from the website. You can then finally take a print out of the downloaded Aadhar card.
Check Aadhar Status Online
After the offline procedures, you just need to have the enrollment ID to check the status of your Aadhar.
- Firstly, go to the website https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
- Then enter the enrollment ID.
- Now enter the security code given in the box to pass the human test.
- Click on the check status button.
Districts of Assam with Aadhar Enrollment centre
Barpeta, Sonitpur, Nagaon, Bongaigaon, Cachar, Darrang, Dibrugarh, Goalpara, Golaghat, Dhemaji, Dhubri, Hailakandi, Karbi Anglong, Karimganj, Kokrajhar, Lakhimpur, Marigaon, Sibsagar, Nalbari, North Cachar Hills, Tinsukia, Jorhat and Kamrup.
If you still have queries regarding the Assam Aadhar registration, feel free to leave a comment below.