According to the order of Supreme court, you have to re-verify your mobile number to avoid the disconnection. As per the DoT (Department of Telecommunication) ruling, all the telecom company have to re-verify their postpaid and prepaid users via E-KYC process. The customers have to link their aadhar card number with a mobile number to continued services. Currently, The telcos Airtel and Idea have started the process of verification through Aadhaar number for their both existing and new customers. So link your Airtel and Idea mobile SIM numbers with aadhar before the 6th February 2018. Let’s discuss how to link aadhar card on Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, Aircel, Bsnl and Jio?
Is the Verification Process is Mandatory?
Yes, it is compulsory for all users. You have to link or connect your SIM numbers with Aadhar number. Supreme Court has stated that before the 6th February 2018, all the subscribers have to link their mobile numbers to aadhar card to stop discontinuation. All the new customers also have to link aadhar card with SIM. Bharti Airtel has sent an SMS to their existing users for linking Aadhar number.
Link Aadhar Card Number With Airtel & Idea SIM
Do not worry about its verification process because it will be free of cost. You won’t be charged anything even no need to submit id proof or photocopy. To link, your number with aadhar follow the below steps
- First of all, visit your nearest retailer and ask them for fingerprint verification (existing customers)
- Tell them your phone number (which you want to verify) & aadhar no.
- Now you will see four digit OTP code on your mobile give this number to them
- Verify your biometric authenticate process through the fingerprint scanner
- That’s it. You have successfully done.
- Within 24 hours you will receive a confirmation message on your registered number, type “Y” and send a reply(compulsory)
- At the time of purchasing new SIM, your address & all essential details will be verified via online aadhar authentication.
Aadhar Card Link on Vodafone, Aircel, Bsnl and Jio
Currently, Vodafone, Bsnl and Aircel have not started the process. They also will start soon. Jio users do not need to re-verification because of they have already used a biometric process to provide the SIM. But those customers who have taken Jio sim without aadhar card they have to go for re-verification in their nearest Jio store.
How to Link Aadhar Card Online?
There is no online process for linking your numbers with Aadhar. It is only done by a biometric process where we need fingerprint scanner. So it is not possible in online.
Add Mobile Number with Aadhar & Update the Verification
Everybody is looking for the second option to add or link aadhar with the mobile number. But currently, no any other process is available. So stay tuned with onetechbot. We will update this article with new updates. If you still have any query in your mind, then feel free to comment below in the comment section.